Financial highlights of the six months ended 30 June 2015
· Sales for the period were €8.39 million, compared with €5.34 million for the same period in 2014.
· The pre-tax result was a profit of €2.08 million for the period, compared with a profit of €0.61 million for the same period in 2014.
· The net result after tax was a profit of €2.66 million for the period, compared with a profit of €0.66 million for the same period in 2014.
· Basic earnings per share increased by €0.19 per share over the same period in 2014. For the period ended 30 June 2015 there was a basic earnings per share of €0.26, compared with a basic earnings per share of €0.07 for the same period in 2014.
· Cash and cash equivalents reduced by €0.64 million during the period to €3.52 million.
· The Company’s measure of adjusted operating profit showed a profit of €2.98 million for the period, compared to a profit of €1.00 million for the same period in 2014.
Operational highlights of the six months ended 30 June 2015
On 23 March 2015, the Group acquired the trade and assets of RTI Global, Inc. and RIPMall Technologies, Inc. (together "RTI"), both located in Sarasota, Florida, USA.
RTI provides and supports custom-branded versions of the Harlequin RIP direct to print service providers and printing equipment manufacturers, mostly in the North American market, and is a long-standing customer of the Group. RTI has grown a successful on-line sales operation over the past 20 years, selling the RTI Harlequin RIP for use with a wide variety of printing equipment and workflows.
This acquisition gives the Group a direct route to market in one of its strategic growth segments at the light production end of the digital printing market where RTI’s understanding of the end-customer will be invaluable. It also gives the Group access to a very successful on-line sales operation which will allow the Group to receive a higher margin on sales to end users.
About Global Graphics
Graeme Huttley/Global Graphics
+44 1223 926472